Monday, March 26, 2012

And now, my projects...but first....

So I just got back from vacation in Massachusetts yesterday where my aunt, who also knits went on a yarn crawl last weekend, so she found some good yarn stores in the area and took me to the one in Salem called Seed Stitch. That place is dangerous, in a good way of course. I recently found a pattern for a book mark on Raverly so I needed to get some sock weight yarn for it. And then there was a Celtic Cable purse that I wanted to make but the yarn I bought for it was chunky when it was supposed to be worsted. So I found some for that. I think we spent an hour or so in the store, which would have been longer if I hadn't gotten stuff at my own local store and therefore had a depletion in my yarn fund. Like the gorgeous Rown Silk Twist in Ebony that I almost bought even though I have no idea what to use it for....yet.

The people that worked there were great to talk to and also, when I mentioned how great I thought the necklaces were, showed me how to make an i-cord.So yeah, I really do like the people there and wish I lived closer. Honestly they were a little pricey, but I'll deal with that for the friendly service. By the way, the i-cord hates me and I have to retry it again because I really really like knitted jewelery.

Now that my commercial is over, here's what I bought there.

This is the sock yarn for the bookmark. I love the different colors that will hopefully knit up beautifully. If not, I have a ton of sock yarn for when I make socks.

This is for the cabled bag.

And remember my fail in felting? It took me about 3 hours to knit up take 2.









Ok so it didn't knit up as neatly as I would have liked, but I'm gonna felt this and see what happens this time around. I just want to see how it works. a picture will be posted as soon as the felting is done. 

My problem is I keep seeing yarns I want to knit with but I don't want to get it yet because I don't have a project in mind which means that I don't know how much I'll need and I don't want to over spend because yes, my funds are limited.

I also started reading the Hunger Games series which is why I didn't get more done in MA. Damn reading addiction.


Any comments, questions, anything at all, just leave me a comment! :) I like to know when people are reading.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment